Losing track of your time?
Or wait! Are you a business owner looking for a good time-tracking tool for managing your teams?
In the current times, when managing our time is a tough task, it becomes necessary for you to invest in the best time-tracking tools.
Well, there are many available in the market but choosing the right one is challenging nowadays. Some might have exactly the features you’re looking for but expensive and some might lack the most important features your business needs. So, how would you choose the best time tracker for your business?
Okay, so you might be thinking of going with the most popular one. Right? So, Hubstaff is a good tool but it isn’t the perfect one. Wondering why? You’ll get to know as you go further down the blog.
In this blog, we will be discussing a lot about the best project management tools and some Hubstaff alternatives that you can consider. So, whether you’re an active Hubstaff user or planning to buy a new time-tracking tool, this blog can help you explore the market.
Let’s get started!
What Is Hubstaff?
Hubstaff is a time management software that helps business owners in keeping a track of their employees’ productivity and time spent by them on various tasks. It allows managers to monitor their team’s activity levels and progress on projects.
With Hubstaff, employees can easily track their time spent on specific tasks, whether they are working from home or in the office. The software also provides detailed reports on employee activity, including screenshots of their workstations, websites visited, and applications used during working hours.
Overall, Hubstaff is an effective time management solution that allows businesses to optimize their productivity and streamline their workflows. However, if you are a beginner or a small business owner, you might find Hubstaff expensive.
Why Do You Need A Hubstaff Alternative?
While Hubstaff is a comprehensive time management software that offers many benefits for businesses, there are also some potential disadvantages to consider.
- High Price Range
Hubstaff has a range of pricing options depending on the features required and the number of users. The more the features or the more the number of users, the more expensive it becomes. This can make it difficult for smaller businesses or startups to afford the software.
- Lack of Advanced Features
Another potential disadvantage is that Hubstaff may not have all the advanced features that some businesses require. While it has a range of basic features such as time tracking and project management, it may not offer more specialized features such as resource planning, budgeting, or resource-leveling.
- Complicated Interface
Some users have reported that the user interface of Hubstaff can be complex and difficult to navigate. This can make it challenging for some team members to use the software effectively, leading to frustration and reduced productivity.
- Lack Of Privacy
Some users have raised concerns about the privacy and security of their data when using Hubstaff, particularly concerning the use of employee screenshots and monitoring of internet activity.
Since Hubstaff comes with several disadvantages, it becomes necessary for you to switch to a more affordable Hubstaff alternative.
Top 5 Hubstaff Alternatives To Consider
DoTeam is a time-tracking and project management tool that enables businesses to manage their teams effectively. It is an excellent alternative to Hubstaff as it offers many similar features, including time tracking, project management, and team collaboration tools.
Features of DoTeam:
- Time Tracking
It allows you to track your employees’ time that is spent on different tasks with the help of screenshots. You can also see the time spent on each task and compare it to the estimated time to complete it.
- Project Management
DoTeam offers features to manage projects, such as task management, project milestones, and maintaining workflow charts.
- Opt-in Tracking
Ensures that your team members opt-in to defined HR policies. Tracking of activities is done with full disclosure to all stakeholders.
- Encrypted Data Handling
All the data is encrypted at all times to improve your organization’s security and safety.
- Manages timesheets
Tracks and monitors when your employees are logging in and logging out. In fact, it also tracks idle time and boosts productivity.
- Proper billing
DoTeam helps to monitor the number of man hours invested in each project and bills accordingly.
Apart from these, below are some more key features of the DoTeam app:
- Employee activity tracking
- Costing & billing out the accurate time worked
- Multiple projects management
- Accurate timesheets
- Detailed reports
- Affordable & easy to use
- Easy to use and intuitive.
- It comes with a free trial and alaso offers a range of start-up-friendly pricing plans.
- It has excellent project management features, including charts and project timelines.
- It provides detailed reports on time spent, employee productivity, and project progress.
- Offers a detailed training & tutorials
- Couldn’t find any.
For more information, check out- https://getdoteam.in/
2. Toggl Track
Toggl Tracker is another excellent alternative to Hubstaff, focusing on time tracking and productivity management. It is a lightweight tool with a simple interface, making it ideal for small teams and freelancers.
- Toggl Track’s interface is simple and easy to navigate.
- It offers a range of pricing plans, including a free plan with basic features.
- It has an extensive range of integrations, making it easy to connect with other productivity tools.
- Toggl Tracker’s reporting features are comprehensive, providing detailed insights into employee work patterns.
- The project management features are limited compared to other tools.
- Toggl Tracker’s time-tracking features can be too basic for some users.
- Some users may find the reporting features overwhelming.
Harvest is a time-tracking and invoicing tool that enables businesses to manage their projects and team members effectively. It is an excellent alternative to Hubstaff as it offers many similar features, including time tracking, invoicing, and project management.
- Intuitive UI.
- Offers several pricing plans, including a free plan with some basic features.
- Has an excellent invoicing feature, including automatic invoicing and time-based billing.
- Provides detailed reports on time spent, employee productivity, and project progress.
- Some users may find the invoicing features too basic for their needs.
- Harvest’s features can be too basic for some users who require more advanced time-tracking options.
Insightful is a time-tracking tool designed to help businesses streamline their operations and improve productivity. It offers several features, including tracking, project management, and reporting.
- The user interface is easy to use.
- Has a wide range of reporting features, like verified attendance, regular screenshot capture, and keystroke monitoring.
- Offers advanced project management features, including task dependencies and project timelines.
- High price range
- Insightful invoicing features are limited compared to other tools.
- The tool lacks integrations with other productivity tools.
5. Time Doctor
Time Doctor enables you to run your business efficiently and boost your team’s productivity through its time-tracking feature. The user-friendly time-tracking system of Time Doctor provides you with valuable insights to increase engagement.
- Powerful reporting
- Built-in Payroll features
- Integrates with various apps & platforms
- High price range
- Complicated Interface
Best Hubstaff Alternative
Now that you have a detailed analysis of the different remote employee monitoring apps available right now, the point now arises is which one should you choose for your business.
For companies and businesses looking for an all-in-one solution, DoTeam is the best option, in my opinion. It has got free trials and a really affordable pricing compared to the other software available.
If you have any specific questions about any employee monitoring app, feel free to ask in the comments section.
We would be happy to respond.
Thanks for reading!